Vertex’s Twitter Community Guidelines
Thank you for visiting the Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated official Corporate Twitter page. This is our corporate page and not a page for our approved or investigational medicines. As a biotechnology company, at times our engagement may seem limited or delayed, but that is because we must adhere to certain ethical, legal, and regulatory standards unique to this industry. To ensure our communications are consistent with our mission and public obligations, below are our Community Guidelines. They are subject to change at any time, so we encourage you to check back often. Please note that we reserve the right to block users from this page who violate or misuse these Community Guidelines.
2. This is our corporate page and not a page for discussion of approved or investigational medicines; therefore, it is not the place to discuss Vertex’s approved medicines or pipeline, specific names of doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, or CF centers. We will not engage on these topics and comments containing this information may be removed.
3. Please be respectful of others. Do not use disparaging, discriminatory, harassing, or intimidating language or any content that could encourage or be considered offensive or violate any law. This content will be removed.
4. Please do not use this page to promote your product, post advertisements, or solicit business. We reserve the right to remove any links to personal products or services that don’t relate to the mission or purpose of this page.
5. Comments that contain personal information, including, but not limited to, your or another individual’s home or email address, phone number, zip code, genetic makeup, or treatment regimen on this page may be removed.
6. Do not share content that contains confidential, sensitive, or non-public information, or any content that infringes on intellectual property rights or on the privacy or publicity rights of others.
7. For any questions related to sponsorships, scholarships, employment, or any other solicitation for services, please do not post on the page. Instead, please refer to the Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated website at www.vrtx.com.
8. All comments containing information about clinical trials that you or someone you know has participated in will be removed from the page.
9. If you have a medical question related to your condition, please talk to your doctor.
10. Any content related to a side effect, a product complaint, and/or other safety information about any Vertex product may be removed and will be reported consistent with Vertex’s reporting obligations. Vertex may contact you directly to follow up regarding your experience with a Vertex product. Additionally, any personal information that you provide may be processed in internal Vertex databases and sent to regulators.
If you or someone you know has possibly experienced a side effect while taking a Vertex product or would like to report a product complaint, please visit www.vertexmedinfo.com to contact Vertex Global Information by telephone or email.
- Vertex does not create or control, and is not responsible for, the content or opinions of any users or other third parties. Twitter accounts that Vertex follows or is followed by do not indicate an endorsement of the account owner or their products and services
- Vertex may provide links or references to other sites as part of its Tweets. However, Vertex claims no responsibility for the content of such other sites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from that content. Any links to other sites are provided as merely a convenience to the users of this platform
- Vertex reserves the right to add, remove or modify any content or material posted on the account, discontinue the account, accept or reject those who may wish to follow the account and respond to any questions or comments addressed to the account
- No other entity other than Vertex and its authorized users may represent the company
Vertex and the Vertex triangle logo are registered trademarks of Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated.