You are here
Schedule a Class Visit at the Thomas M. Menino Learning Lab
The Thomas M. Menino Learning Lab hosts high school students for 3-hour class visits to explore topics in biology, biotechnology and chemistry. Class visit programming is offered exclusively to high school science classes from Boston Public Schools.
Class Visit Details:
- Location: The Learning Lab is located at Vertex Global Headquarters in Boston’s Seaport District
- Availability: Most Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday mornings during the school year
- Length: All labs are 3 hours long and include lunch (provided by Vertex)
- Capacity: A minimum of 10 and maximum of 26 students is required for each visit
- Chaperones: One chaperone is required. Vertex may request additional chaperones for classes with high numbers of special needs students or English language learners
- Transportation: A bus is provided for every visit
- Cost: There is no cost to visit the Learning Lab
- Limits: Partner schools are expected to request 8-10 class visits per academic year. Non-partner schools are limited to 5 class visits per school per year. Please discuss your plans with your colleagues before submitting requests
Visits are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Cancellations and change requests must be made at least two weeks in advance. Submit early for the best availability!
The Learning Lab is now accepting class visit requests from all BPS high school science teachers for the 2017-2018 school year. Scheduling will continue until all available dates are requested and confirmed.
Can’t find a date that works with your schedule? Email Sonia Depina to be added to our waitlist. We’ll contact teachers via email as additional dates become available.
Interested in learning more about Vertex’s commitment to STEM education at our research sites in San Diego and Milton Park? Contact the Learning Lab for more information.