You are here
Schedule a Class Visit at the Thomas M. Menino Learning Lab
The Thomas M. Menino Learning Lab hosts high school students for 3-hour visits to explore topics in biology, biotechnology and chemistry. Class visit programming is offered exclusively to high school classes from Boston Public Schools.
Class Visit Details:
- Location: The Learning Lab is located at Vertex Global Headquarters in Boston’s Seaport District
- Availability: Most weekday mornings during the school year
- Length: All labs are 3 hours long and include a snack and lunch (provided by Vertex)
- Capacity: A minimum of 10 and maximum of 26 students is required for each visit
- Chaperones: One chaperone is required. Vertex may request additional chaperones for classes with high numbers of special needs students or English language learners
- Transportation: A bus is provided for every visit
- Cost: There is no cost to visit the Learning Lab
The Learning Lab is now accepting visit requests from all BPS high school teachers for the 2018-2019 school year. Scheduling will continue until all available dates are requested and confirmed.
Can’t find a date that works with your schedule? Email LearningLab@vrtx.com to be added to our waitlist.
Interested in learning more about Vertex’s commitment to STEAM education at our research sites in San Diego and Oxford? Contact the Learning Lab for more information.