Vertex Privacy Notice (Arabic | Arabic)
Last updated date: 8 July 2019
This Privacy Notice describes the privacy practices of Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, including, but not limited to, the entities listed in this document (collectively referred to as "Vertex"). This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise process personal information, and explains the rights and options available to individuals with respect to their information.
Vertex may provide additional privacy notices to individuals as we collect their data. For example, we provide a specific privacy notice to participants of clinical trials that describes our privacy practices regarding clinical trials. This type of notifications provided "on time" will govern the way we may process the information you provide at that time.
Please note that this Privacy Notice does not apply to Vertex processing of its employees or contractors data.
Click the links below to go to the Privacy Notice sections:
Personal information we collect
- Who we collect personal information
- How we collect personal information
- The types of personal information we collect
- Our use of personal information
- Personal information that we share
- Cookies and other information collected by automated means
- Information for individuals residing in the European Economic Area and in the United Kingdom
- Legal rules for the processing of personal information
- International data transfer
- Online privacy options
- Advertising networks
- Marketing emails
- Privacy and rights preferences
- Healthcare professionals
- Keep data
- How we protect personal information
- Links to websites and third-party content
- Updates to our privacy notice
- How to contact us
Who we collect personal information
We collect personal information on the following types of individuals: clinical trial participants, patients, patient family members, caregivers or advocates, physicians and other healthcare professionals, clinical trial investigators, researchers, pharmacists, contractors, consultants, job applicants, and volunteers , Visitors to our offices, and other individuals who interact with Vertex or its service providers or business partners directly, including users of websites and mobile applications.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information:
- Directly from individuals
- Through our websites and mobile applications
- A healthcare professional
- From contract research organizations and clinical investigators
- From government agencies or public records
- From external service providers, data brokers or business partners
- From groups or societies for patients or working in industry
- From other social media or public forums (including information regarding adverse effects or complaints about product quality)
- From the operators
The types of personal information we collect
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the nature of your relationship with Vertex and the requirements of applicable laws. The types of personal information we collect include:
- Health and medical information (such as medical insurance details, information related to physical and mental health conditions and their diagnoses, methods of treating medical conditions, genetic information, family medical history, and medications that an individual may take including the dose, timing, and frequency of recurrence) that we collect in relation to management Clinical trials, research, provision of patient support programs, management of compassionate access to medication and expanded access programs, and tracking of adverse effects reports
- Personal and business contact information and preferences (such as name, job title and employer name, email address, postal address, phone number, and emergency contact information)
- Biography and demographic information (such as date of birth, age, gender, marital status, and information of either parent or legal guardian)
- Professional credentials, educational and professional history, institutional and governmental affiliations, background checks, performance reviews, competency and personal assessments, gender information included in a CV or educational career and work history (such as, work experience, education, salary, and languages used )
- If you are a third party with whom we associate or are considering establishing a contractual relationship with him, such as a health care professional, we collect publicly available information related to your practice, such as licensing information, disciplinary history, prior litigation and regulatory actions, and other due diligence information
- The payment information we need to pay for professional services, such as consulting, that individuals may provide us with (such as, tax identification number and financial account information)
- If you are a healthcare professional, we collect information about the programs and activities you have participated in, our interactions with you, your description of our products, and the agreements you have with us.
- Username and password that you can specify regarding creating an account on our website or our mobile app
- Your photo, username on social media, or your digital or electronic signature
- Publicly available information (such as reviews describing support and experiences with Vertex products)
- If you are a visitor to the Vertex office site, we collect information via closed-circuit television (CCTV)
- Other information that you provide to us (such as, information contained in e-mails, phone calls, or other correspondence, such as market research surveys, that you conduct with Vertex or its service providers or business partners)
We may use personal information for the following purposes, provided that such use is permitted under local law:
- Communicate with you about our products and services, respond to requests, inquiries, comments and suggestions
- Analyze and enhance our communications and strategies (including by determining when to receive and read emails sent to you), as well as your interactions with us including on our websites and mobile applications)
- Operation, evaluation and improvement of our business, our websites and our mobile applications, and other products and services that we provide (including conducting research and developing and developing new products and services)
- Design the content that we display and send to you in our communications, on websites and in our mobile applications
- Developing, customizing and implementing sales marketing activities and customer relationship management, including program and material delivery
- Management and analysis of surveys and other market research
- Providing workers with clinical experiences, facilitating, conducting and managing them
- Track and respond to product safety and quality concerns (including product recall)
- Compliance with regulatory reporting and oversight obligations (including those related to adverse effects, product complaints, and patient safety)
- Use analysis of our products
- Support, facilitate and arrange travel and other logistical services for public health initiatives, seminars, conferences, scientific, educational, community and volunteer activities, including those held in Vertex offices
- Facilitating medication compliance programs
- Manage access to our products, including places where access is restricted to physicians licensed under the law
- Facilitating research and academic studies, among others
- If you are a third party with whom we have a contractual relationship, we enforce and apply the contractual terms and conditions that govern our relationship with you, and where appropriate, we pay you for specific or agreed services
- Identify and manage appropriate patient engagement and patient support programs (including providing reimbursement co-coverage and providing other financial assistance where possible)
- Identify, interact with and engage healthcare professionals, including thought leaders and external experts
- Offering scholarships and grants
- Attributing authorship to academic and promotional materials
- Compliance with legal or regulatory requirements, judicial procedures, and our company policies (including due diligence and contracting activities)
- Provide protection against fraud, or illegal activities (such as incidents of data breach or misuse of our websites and mobile applications), and other claims and obligations and identify, investigate, and respond to them, including by enforcing terms and conditions that govern our services
- Facilitate and improve our recruitment activities (such as processing employment applications, evaluating job candidates for a specific recruitment activity, analyzing trends, and monitoring recruitment statistics)
We may collect and / or deselect any information we collect, so that the information no longer reveals the identity of any specific individual. We may use this information, disclose it, and otherwise process it for our own legitimate business purposes - including historical and statistical analysis and business planning without restriction.
In some cases, we may have a separate agreement or relationship with you regarding a specific type of processing of your data, such as if you participate in a program, activity, activity, or special clinical experience. These cases will be subject to specific terms, notices, or consent forms that provide additional information about how we use your information. We will take care to respect these additional terms regarding your information and therefore we strongly recommend that you review the additional terms before participating in any programs.
Vertex shares personal information for the purposes described in this privacy notice or through a special privacy notice that is provided "on time" at the time we collect the information.
The types of individuals or entities that we share personal information include:
- Vertex subsidiaries and subsidiaries
- Service providers who provide services on our behalf, including:
- Contractual research organizations conducting clinical trials on our behalf
- Data store and analysis services providers
- Customer service (including medical information line) and patient support providers (including with regard to product quality and adverse effects reporting, assistance in providing co-payment coverage with the patient, medication commitment programs, etc.)
- Product recall service providers
- Technology service providers (including technology support, email and website hosting services providers, marketing and advertising technology service providers, email and text communication providers, and mobile app developers)
- Event and travel planning organizations that help facilitate Vertex programs
- Payment, shipping and delivery service providers
- Regulators around the world, as required by law, including with regard to monitoring, reviewing and approving our studies, products and services, and reporting on adverse impacts
- Partners with whom we develop products or services jointly
- Health care professionals, researchers, academics and public health organizations
Unless the applicable law prohibits this, we may disclose personal information as part of a company business transaction, such as mergers, acquisitions, reorganization, joint venture, financing, or sale of our assets, and it can be sold or transferred to any third party as a party In this transaction. We may also disclose personal information to any entity that succeeds us in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or judicial custody. After this sale or transfer, you can contact the recipient for any inquiries regarding the processing of your personal information.
In addition, we may share your information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, protect against fraud, illegal activities (such as identifying incidents of data breach or misuse of our websites and mobile applications and responding to these incidents), and other claims and obligations.
The information we collect via automated means includes the following:
- Details about the devices used to access our websites or mobile applications (e.g., IP address, OS type and web browser)
- Dates and times of visits to our websites and mobile applications
- Details of your interaction with emails we may send you, including links that you click and your interactions with our linked websites, where permitted by law
- Information regarding how we use our websites and mobile applications (for example, the content displayed on our websites, how users browse our web pages or features of the mobile applications that are used, and how users navigate between screens on our mobile applications)
- URLs that refer visitors to our websites
- The search terms used to access our websites or which locate our mobile applications
The web browser may allow our website users to opt out of receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functions that our websites offer may not function properly. The Help menu in most Internet browsers contains information about how to disable cookies, or you can visit www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-control-cookies/ .
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated is the overall data controller for the processing of your data. In many cases, the local subsidiary is the data watchdog, either on its own or in partnership with Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated. For a list of local subsidiary companies and their contact information, including domestic data watchdogs in the European Union, click here .
The legal basis for data processing
In this section, we outline the legal reasons that we rely on to process personal information.
In some cases, Vertex has a legitimate interest in processing the personal information we collect, such as developing, managing, and supporting our products and services; or running, evaluating, and improving our business; or facilitating and managing clinical trials and other patient advocacy and participation programs; promoting scientific research; or supporting activities Our employment; facilitating the sale of assets, mergers or acquisitions. We may also process your personal information when necessary to protect from criminal crimes, protect local law, and maintain a safe workplace for employees.
In other cases, Vertex processes personal information to fulfill our contracts with our business partners, such as healthcare professionals or partners who maintain or distribute records of our products.
It may also be necessary for Vertex to process personal information to identify, practice or defend fraud, illegal activity, and other claims and obligations, including by enforcing terms and conditions that govern our services.
Vertex processing of some health and other related information may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations or for reasons of public health interest or for scientific or historical research purposes, such as with regard to reporting of adverse effects and product safety.
Vertex may also process personal information as specifically permitted by applicable legal requirements, such as laws and regulations that authorize Vertex to process personal information for clinical trial purposes.
If Vertex relies on consent to the processing of your personal information, we will seek to obtain that consent at the time we collect your personal information. For information on how to withdraw consent, please see the "Privacy and Rights Preferences" section of this Privacy Notice.
We may transfer your personal information to countries other than the country in which the data was primarily collected for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. For example, if you live outside the United States or the United Kingdom, we usually transfer your personal information to the United States, where Vertex is headquartered, and the United Kingdom, where Vertex has an international headquarters. The countries to which your personal information is transferred may not apply the same data protection laws as in the country in which you originally provided the data. When we transfer personal information across borders, we consider a variety of requirements that may apply to these transfers.
Specifically, we may transfer personal information from the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom to:
- Countries that the European Commission has deemed adequate source of protection for personal information,
- Third countries for which the European Commission has not made sufficient decisions:
- According to the recipient’s compliance with standard contractual terms, the EU-US Privacy Shield, or corporate binding rules.
- According to the consent of the individual to whom the personal information relates.
- As permitted otherwise by the applicable EEA requirements, for example when a transfer is necessary for important public interest reasons (such as reporting adverse events).
We support the self-organizing principles of the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA"). We work with advertisers, ad networks, ad servers, and analytics companies (“advertising partners”) that use different technologies to collect automated information in order to understand how our websites and mobile applications are used, and to analyze where users navigate after they leave our websites and mobile apps In order to implement relevant ads. These ads may appear on other websites or services.
These advertising partners may meet a designated person on third-party websites over time and link the various devices that the same person uses. To find out more information about how advertising partners use the information collected by these technologies and about your options not to accept cookies set by some of these companies on our websites and mobile applications, please visit the <DAA's opt-out page (unsubscribe page) In the Digital Advertising Alliance >> . If you are accessing European Union websites or mobile applications, please visit the <EDAA's opt-out page (European Digital Interactive Advertising Alliance's unsubscribe page) >><< DAAC's opt-out page (Canadian Digital Advertising Alliance) unsubscribe >> .
The above unsubscriptions are devices and browsers and may not work on all devices. If you choose to unsubscribe from any of these related tools, this does not mean that you will stop seeing the ad. Instead, the ads you see will be based on the website you visit and not on your interests.
Where permitted by law, we may provide you with information about Vertex products and services via email. You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing or other commercial emails from Vertex by following the instructions in the email. However, even if you unsubscribe from receiving such communications, we reserve the right to send any non-marketing communications (such as important product safety information, or changes to the website in accordance with the terms of the mobile applications).
Privacy and rights preferences
Individuals in states with specific jurisdiction, such as the European Economic Area, have certain rights and options regarding Vertex 'processing of their personal information. We have appointed a Data Protection Officer ("DPO") to act as a contact for the purpose of exercising these rights. Please see the “How to Contact Us” section below for contact information for the “Data Protection Officer (“ DPO ”). In some cases where your personal information can be accessed through a portal or platform on the Internet, you may be able to exercise these rights directly by following the instructions on the portal or platform.
Please note that if exercising these rights limits our ability to process personal information, we may not be able to provide our products or services to individuals who exercise these rights, or otherwise deal with them since. In addition, your rights and options may be limited in some cases: for example, if you ask to delete information that we are legally obligated to keep or we have legitimate interests that are obligated to keep it.
We reserve the right to verify the identity of the individual in relation to any requests for personal information to help ensure that we provide the information to the individuals to whom this information relates, and only allow individuals or their authorized representatives to exercise the rights associated with this information.
For information about the rights and options users have regarding cookies and online tracking, please see the section "Cookies and other information collected by automated means" of this Privacy Notice.
Please note that residents of the European Economic Area are also entitled to file a complaint with the supervisory authority in its member states.
Withdrawal of consent
If you have given us your consent to the processing of your personal information, you are entitled to withdraw this consent by following the instructions in the informed consent form or, to unsubscribe from marketing email messages, following the instructions in the "Marketing Emails" section above. In some cases, withdrawing your consent to use Vertex or disclosing your personal information may mean that Vertex will not be able to provide your products or services to you or from you in any other way.
Access to personal information
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you. If we approve your request, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information we keep about you in the course of the normal business, in a commonly used format. You have the right to ask us to correct any errors in your personal information. We may reject your request to access or correct your information, as permitted by applicable law. If we reject your request, we will notify you of the reasons for rejection.
Portability of personal information
You have the right to request that your personal information be transferred to another data monitor. We may reject your request for this, as permitted by applicable law. If we reject your request, we will notify you of the reasons for rejection.
Object to and delete personal information
To the extent stipulated in the applicable law, you may object at any time for legitimate reasons to the processing of your personal information or request that it be deleted from our records. We may reject your request for this, as permitted by applicable law. If we reject your request, we will notify you of the reasons for rejection.
Access to the Healthcare Professionals section of some of our websites is password protected by using a third-party user authentication technology provider ("Authentication Service"). If you are a healthcare professional and want to access the healthcare professionals section of these sites, you must register for the certification service first. You will then be able to use your validated username and password to access the Healthcare Professionals section of the website.
This registration procedure is performed on the website of the third-party authentication service and if, if you are a European Union resident, this party is a "data watchdog" regarding this data. When you register or use the authentication service to access one of our websites, the authentication service will automatically pass your encrypted registration data to Vertex servers, its servers, or those of its business partners. However, Vertex, its service providers or business partners will not receive your personal information as part of providing access to the "Healthcare Professionals" section.
We will only maintain your information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose (s) for which the information was collected, depending on this purpose (s), the nature of the information, and any of the contractual relationships that may govern the data retention process and our legal or regulatory obligations. We will then get rid of your information or anonymize it according to applicable law.
Vertex maintains reasonable administrative, technical, and material guarantees that are designed to protect the personal information we hold against destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or accidental, illegal or unauthorized use. However, we cannot guarantee that the measures we take will guarantee the security of personal information.
For your convenience and information, we may provide you with links to websites and third-party content that are not owned or managed by Vertex. Websites and third-party content to which we link may apply separate notices or privacy policies. Vertex is not responsible for the privacy practices of any entity that is not owned or controlled by it.
Vertex reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time. When we update this privacy notice, we will notify you of changes that are considered essential under applicable legal requirements by updating the date of this privacy notice and providing another notice as required by applicable law. We may also notify you of changes to the privacy notice in other ways, such as via email or other contact information that you have provided.
You are entitled to contact us with any questions, comments, or complaints about this privacy notice or our privacy practices, or to request access to or correction of your information. When submitting an application or complaint, please provide sufficient details (including your relationship with us) and any relevant documents. Below we display the contact information for the Global Privacy Bureau and the Global Data Protection Officer for all Vertex subsidiaries except Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Germany) GMPH:
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated.
Attn: Legal Affairs Department - Privacy Office
50 Northern Avenue
Boston, MA 02210
Contact information for the Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Germany) Data Protection Officer (Germany) GMPH:
HOLZHOVER CONSALTING GmbH GmbH
Lauchhammer Street 31
D-82152 Blang (Germany)
Last updated: December 7, 2018.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small amounts of data that the web browser stores on your device at the request of certain websites. The cookies are then sent back to the original web domain on your subsequent visits to that domain. Most webpages contain elements from multiple web domains. Therefore, when you visit the website, your browser may receive cookies from multiple sources.
Cookies are useful because they allow the website to recognize the user's device. Cookies allow you to efficiently navigate pages, remember preferences and improve your overall user experience. It can also be used to customize ads to your interests by tracking your browsing through websites.
There are two main types of cookies used, which are session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser and persistent cookies remain on your device after you close it (for example, to remember your user preferences when returning to the site). Typically, each cookie falls into one of several categories.
What types of cookies does Vertex use?
Below we describe a few categories of cookies used by Vertex and its contractors.
Very necessary cookies
These cookies are necessary to enable you to navigate the site and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have requested cannot be provided (for example, scrolling through pages).
We use analytical cookies to analyze how our visitors use our website and monitor site performance, including those provided through Google Analytics . This enables us to provide a high-quality experience by customizing our offers and identifying any problems that arise and address them quickly. For example, we may use performance cookies to track the most common pages and any of the most effective page linking techniques and to determine why some pages receive error messages. We may also use these cookies to highlight articles or website services that we believe will interest you based on your use of the site. The information we or our contractors collect on these cookies does not relate to your personal information. You can unsubscribe from Google Analytics from here .
Cookies for website functionality
Moreover, some of our service providers who place cookies on our site on our behalf may provide the ability to opt-out of cookies through the Consumer Unsubscription Tool in the Network Advertising Initiative or the Consumer Unsubscription Tool in the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance or Digital Advertising Alliance's Consumer Choice Page .
United States: Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, located at 50 Northern Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts, USA 02210
Canada: Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Canada) Incorporated, Located at 20 Bay Street, Suite No. 1520 , Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2N8
Australia: Vertex Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd (Australia) located at 601 Pacific Highway, 3rd floorSuite 3 , Sydney, New South Wales 2065 , Australia
Brazil: Vertex Pharmacioteca de Brasil Ltd, located in Rua Trinidad, No. 125 , Block 2 , Jardim Margarida, 06730-000 , Vergim Grande Paulista, São Paulo
Switzerland: Vertex Pharmaceuticals (CH) Limited, address 88 Paracesterse, 6300 Zug, Switzerland
Czech Republic: Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Czech Republic)
Italy: Vertex Pharmaciotics (Italy)SRL, located at 6 ° Piano, Via Leonida Pisolati 76 , 00187 Rome, Italy
France: Vertex Pharmaceuticals (France) SAS, located at 32 Rue des Mathériens, 4th and 5th floors, 75008 , Paris, France
Germany: Vertex Pharmaciotics (Germany) GMPH, located in Sonnenstrabe 19 , Unit 1 and 2 , 80331 , Munich, Germany
Spain: Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Spain) SL, located in Torre Serrano, Cali Serrano N 47-13 , 28001 Madrid, Spain
Netherlands: Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Netherlands) BV, located at Florapark 3 , 2012 HKHaarlem, Netherlands
Austria: Vertex Pharmaceuticals GMPH, located at Euro Plaza, Building H Lihrbäckgasse 13 1120 Vienna, Austria
Portugal: VERTEX Varmacioticllz (Portugal) Aonnebsoual L. de A., situated inTorre de Monsanto Ru Afonso Praça The 30 , 7 1495-061 Miraflores Portugal
Sweden: Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Sweden) AP, located in Torsjattan 13 , 8tr 111 23 Stockholm Sweden
Ireland: Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Ireland) Limited, located on 26-32 Upper Pembroke Street, Dublin 2 Ireland
United Kingdom: Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Europe) Limited, Located on 2 Kingd Street, 9th Floor, London W2 6BD United Kingdom
Denmark: Vertex Pharmacuticals Denmark, subsidiary of Vertex Pharmacuticals Limited (Europe), the Danish branch of Vertex Pharmacuticals Ltd (Europe), located in Bridgade, 6 , 1st floor , 1260 Copenhagen
Norway: Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Europe) Limited NUF, the Norwegian branch of Vertex Pharmacuticals (Europe) Limited, located at PO Box 2734 Soleil 0204 Oslo, Norway
Greece: VERTEX Varmacioticllz Sangel Mimbr Society Ononima (Greek limited liability company),head officelocated in 62 Kevicias Avenue, 15124 Maroussi, Greece
Poland: VERTEX Varmacioticllz (Poland) SP Zd.oo.oo, situated inWarsaw Financial Center, Emily Blatter, the R 53 , 00-113 , Warsaw, Poland