The Vertex Twitter Guidelines
The content on Vertex's Twitter account is intended only for residents of the United States.
Vertex currently maintains a corporate Twitter account: @VertexPharma
The company recognizes the importance of new communication channels (i.e. new and social media) for engaging our stakeholders in a real and meaningful way. And, as a biopharmaceutical company with development-stage products, we are committed to certain ethical, legal, and regulatory standards unique to this industry. By establishing a presence on twitter we seek to embrace social media and engage with our audiences and we wish to do so responsibly.
In order to ensure productive communications that are consistent with our mission and public commitments, we have put in place the following basic guidelines and disclaimers (below) to help you understand how we will use this platform. We ask for your understanding as we engage in this medium, recognizing in particular that responses may at times appear limited in nature.
• We welcome your @ mentions/replies and we’ll do our best to respond to most questions. We will not respond to personal attacks, foul language, disparaging comments or topics that do not relate directly to Vertex. We may not be able to respond to your questions immediately and some responses may be limited in nature.
• There may be some questions/comments we cannot address, including questions directly related to financial matters, ongoing legal matters, regulatory issues, or certain other elements of our business.
• We hope that your contributions will add value to the overall dialogue and appreciate you providing links or other resources to support any claims.
• Twitter accounts that Vertex follows or is followed by do not indicate an endorsement of the account owner or their products and services.
• Vertex may provide links or references to other sites as part of its Tweets. However, Vertex claims no responsibility for the content of such other sites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from that content. Any links to other sites are provided as merely a convenience to the users of this platform.
• Vertex reserves all rights relating to the Vertex Twitter account including, but not limited to, all rights to add, remove or modify any content or material posted on the account, discontinue the account, accept or reject those who may wish to follow the account and respond to any questions or comments addressed to the account.